My daughter is turning eight months old on Friday. My beautiful little Morgana Lynn is almost a year old. Well, in four months she will be anyways.
I never expected my life to be like this. Ever. Funny, but I was always so sure that I would be done with most of my schooling before becoming a mother even entered my mind. Now, I'm becoming more the "single" working mom than the mother I thought I would be. And her father...well, it seems like he's more of a glorified roommate than a significant other at times. Now, the only voice I keep hearing in my head is my step-father's, asking over and over again "What has he given up for you that made you give up so much for him?"
And I can't help but think that he's right. I've thrown my lot in with a man that hasn't given me any sort of indication that there is nothing more important than me and his daughter, and I continually try to prove MY love to him.

It's time for me to stand. I've learned how, I just need to stop being supported.

Comments

Popular Posts