Search and Siezure

Well, where to start? It's definitely one of those times in your life (college, that is) that you really start thinking about home. Especially after not having to deal with finances for most of your life. But, within the last year, eyes have opened to the realities of life, as harsh and wonderful as they can possibly be. But still, it's a very wonderful feeling to be able to cut corners and save money, and the excitement of dragging a boxset is just one that can't be beat.
Ever since moving to Cheney, I've been just a little unsatisfied with my Japanese futon, which some of my friends have compared to a concrete floor. And even though it's been my sleeping quarters for almost two years now (actually, I think it has been two years) I have to agree with them as I wake every morning to an aching lower back. So, imagine my excitement when I first saw a larger, more comfortable full-sized futon in the backyard of an empty house. And when I say full-sized, it actually is compared to my current futon.
Japanese: 3ft x 6ft
Full-sized: 5 1/2ft x 6ft
And I measured. Hehe.
After making inquiries with my roommate, it came to light that the empty house actually belonged to one of her friends that had currently moved out. Well, life became crazy for a few days, and by the time I actually had a day off, the futon was missing. The base, at least. The futon mattress had been moved from the backyard to the sidewalk by the street. It made me very sad to see something like that left out in the weather. So I gave it a home. That is right, I upgraded my Japanese futon to a softer, larger, and less used (by me, at least) futon.
Now, I just need to find a working base to put my mattress on. Anyone know if a futon mattress would work with your average boxset?

Comments

Popular Posts