Christmas Tears

It's just that time of year again. And it doesn't seem to stop. This is the first year that I'm actually not surrounded by friends or family or a boyfriend. Instead, I had to spend Christmas Day driving with a daughter that had a slight fever, get disowned by my father, and now I'm going to be alone in an empty house for another two days. And Morgan's fever is still persisting.

I miss my family more than anything. The last time I was this depressed over Christmas was when I was pregnant. And even then I only cried once, and I had Jesse to comfort me. And I miss it. This year, it feels like I've been crying nonstop since the beginning of the month. Someone mentions Canada, tears. Or I see old presents from past years, tears. Or I get on Facebook and see posts about Christmas. Tears.

These last few months have not been good to me. I can only hope that the new year will bring some good changes.

Comments

Popular Posts