Altered Thoughts

Do we fear anything as much as the destination at the end of a journey? Think about it, now. All the fears that's people have. Heights. Commitment. Insects, even.

It's not that we're afraid of the things, themselves. We're afraid of the consequences of those actions. We're afraid of getting bit by that blacj widow that could potentially kill us. We're afraid of saying "Yes" to our lovers and then having them abandon us. We're more afraid of the ground than we are of the air between the precipise and the air between us and the ground.

And yet we say that memories are made in the journey, not the destination. Why, if we dread the destination more than the journey? We can't always go through life just for the journey. Eventually, we have to reach the destination of each chapter.

I know I hate some of the destinations I've reached. They have torn me down, made me want to simply fall asleep and never wake up. But then I have that small voice tell me that the ultimate destination has yet to be reached. And most of the time, I can't help but think "Yeah, sure. Easy for you to say, I'm the one taking the brunt of this crap!" But I still push forward. Because as much as I hate what is happening to me, around me, INSIDE me, I know that while I still have the strength to stand and even stumble along, I'll never be able to forgive myself if I give up.

This is life. Beautiful, tragic, mesmerizing life. Its not perfect. People are not perfect. So why do we expect a perfect life, an easy journey, or an ending that we envisioned? Nothing is perfect, so live your life to the best of its imperfections.


Comments

Popular Posts