Tu Ne Saves Pas

I have become convinced that no  matter how much I would like to try, I will never be able to have close friends that are guys after they have girlfriends/fiances/wives. Because I will always be seen as  a threat to the woman, for reasons only God  knows. Actually, I renege that. I'm pretty sure I could come up with several reasons why I can agree with them. Not that I'm going to post them up here, but I'm just saying.

All I'm going to say is that they really don't know. I've been painted as a desperate, insecure girl that was never able to get over any specific guy, really. Every negative stereotype you could put on women in general was applied to me. And these were opinions that were circulated to complete strangers that I actually ended up getting to know. When I was younger, this kind of stuff would have made me want to curl up in a corner and cry. Now? I just laugh, and shrug, and don't  really  dwell on it anymore. Because what is the point in using energy on something negative when you could use that same energy to better yourself?

People don't know me. I may act happy, and most of the time I am, but don't just assume that I am a naive simpleton that doesn't know the pain of this world. I don't claim that I'm the most damaged person you probably  know, but I don't deny that I'm damaged. I know I come with  baggage, but I don't let that weigh me down or hold me back. I use my baggage to strengthen my spirit and my resolve, so really I see it as a strength  rather than a hindrance. My best friend admits she is still getting to know me. So how the  FUCK can these people make judgments about me if they don't know the full story??

That's just my point.
Tu ne saves pas.
Vous ne me connaissez pas. Alors taisez-vous.

Comments

Popular Posts