Remember Family

Today, I had to say goodbye to my grandmother. Because I know, without a doubt in my heart, that her time here on this Earth is quickly coming to an end. My grandmother, Alice Randall, was one of the best people I will ever have the honor of knowing. And though my heart is heavy with sorrow, I am so very blessed to have had her as my grandmother, my daughter's great-grandmother. She touched many lives, and through those lives many generations. 
August 2007: Grandma and Anna

Christmas 2008: Grandma and Amy

Christmas 2008: Grandma, Steven, and Gabrielle

 Joy is always a thing to be shared


July 2010: Four Generations

August 2009
My dearest Grandmother, you meant the world to so many people, and you meant so much to me. I am so very thankful that you showed me how much Jesus can bring me happiness in my life, as He did in yours to the very end. And while so many of us mourn your passing, I know without a doubt that I will see you again, and in the presence of our Creator I will see you as He does, young and vibrant and so very full of life. 
And though these days have been dark, your life has been a candle that has lit the wick of many. By themselves, they are not much, merely a flame that will flicker in the darkness. But because of the lives you have touched and brought together, we will become a flaming beacon of hope to the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts