Guardian Angels

Thinking back over my life, I find it just a little ironic that people will live in a world and believe in guardian angels, but turn up their noses and sneer at the thought of God and Jesus. We all love the thought of heavenly beings that will protect us, but when it comes to the head honcho, the Big Man in the Sky, the Creator, we would rather think of Him like a big bully that will judge us than a Father that wants to give us a better life.
I'm not perfect. By any means. I don't deny that, but despite all my imperfections and misgivings and doubts, I know that my Father still loves me, and wants the best for me and my little one. And while our choices can give us some pretty nasty outcomes, it's not His doing.
Its been several months since I posted, and that was right before the death of my grandmother. Its always amazes me how much loss can bring clarity to the present, but I have to admit that with all of the losses I've faced this last year and half, I'm almost just as confused as I was two years ago. And what clarity there is, it still hurts to deal with.
They say that God works in mysterious ways. I can only hope that's true, that with each loss my family gains another guardian angel, like Jaimeson has become Morgana's guardian angel. There have been too many coincidences and circumstances where my daughter has told me that Jaime has intervened on our behalf, saving my little girl from the bad men in the shadows, that I can't think of a better reason for my loss.
I may not be the perfect follower of Christ. I may be the last person you would expect to admit themselves a believer, simply because of my past. But I am not my past, and though I don't believe that I deserve the grace offered me, God still blesses my family with our guardian angels, and that thought humbles me beyond comprehension.

Comments

Popular Posts