A Child's Hysteria

I am very aware that most people use their blogs as a humorous outlet. And I, for one, am not about to slam someone that can make me laugh so hard that I forget the reason I didn't want to smile. First off, let me just say that I am about to take a somewhat serious look from a different perspective. Call it introspective, if you will.

Currently, I am laying on top of a very thin flannel blanket that is laid on the floor of a nursery. My two year old daughter and niece are both asleep, and I can hear them slumber on. And I know that sooner or later tonight, my little one will wake up whimpering, asking for mama, and she won't settle until she is snuggled into my chest. How do I know this? Because this has been routine for the last six weeks. Every week, the first two days home from my ed's, my little one is clingy, and insistent, and goes hysterical if I take out the garbage. Anytime she can't see me.

Now here is where it gets introspective. What kind of a mother am I if I willingly chose to have a child with a man that makes my daughter so hysterical that she can't sleep a full night alone? I understand that most children this age start going through separation anxiety, but is it really supposed to last this long?

You're probably nodding your head yes. And I couldn't agree with you more. But that's my head speaking, not what my heart is screaming.

Comments

Popular Posts