Microscopic Miracles

Atoms. Molecules. Cells. They all start out so small, and yet these are what end up making every single thing around us. How many atoms are in a grain of sand? A poppy seed? A dust speck? Do we every really look at the things around us, both small and enormous, and marvel at the life we witness? Or are we so self absorbed that we think more about ourselves than what surrounds us and how we affect it?

A few days ago, I was sitting on my couch with my sister, struggling over some person's opinion on my parenting, and my sister gave me the most profound piece of advice.

"Morgana could be your only biological child. And you are more worried about what people think of you than what she thinks of you. She is your miracle, Evelyn. Remember that."

I literally had to stop crying in that moment and really think about what she said and I couldn't help but agree with her. My little girl is a miracle. MY miracle. And as small and microscopic as we may be in this world with everyone else, there is always a chance to see the miracles in life.

Comments

Popular Posts