Relaunch

Well, it's been almost two years since I moved back to Northport. Two years that have tried, tested, and made me grow in ways that I hadn't realized. Now, four days until I throw all my belongings into the back of Derek's truck and move back to Spokane, and I am more ecstatic and terrified than I ever thought possible.

When I first moved back home, I promised myself that I wouldn't spend more than a year in Northport. Well, a little over a year passed and I almost made it back to Spokane. If I hadn't missed that drug test, and if my money hadn't gone to other necessities that just popped up, I might have already been back almost a year at a job that has a higher turnover rate than the Shadle McDonald's. Instead, I had to accept the fact that I might have to stay in Northport for a little bit longer. Then, six weeks later, I got an interview at Walmart, began working, and was given so many opportunities to grow than I've had in the last five years. I became responsible for my finances, learned the value of family time after having to spend so much time away from my little girl, was given a job that I absolutely LOVE, and friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life.

My apartment is lined up. Airway Heights is waiting for me. Childcare is (almost) set up. My money is all budgeted out, my savings card and EBT card are all waiting for me at my first actual home with just me and Morgan. And I can't help but keep thinking, "Is this really, truly, honestly the best decision to make right now?" But it's too late to turn back. My job starts in eight days and I've already got all the arrangements made.

Comments

Popular Posts