Sucker Punch

It's complete. Finished. I'm done with him, like I've never been done with him before. I don't have his dog tag anymore, never going to be able to find it. He was playing me. All over again. Along with another girl in Colville.
It's like he can't even comprehend being by himself. He's so scared to be alone that instead of looking for one amazing girl, he has to have at least two.

And even after he tried telling me he wanted to be with me, he got pissed off when I called him on his bullshit. When I asked him why he decided why he still wanted to be my friend after texting me that our friendship was over, he tried to tell me that he had never sent me a text like that. Then I asked him about the other girl. He blew up and said we were over. Not friends, no chance of being anything more. Which I kind of already knew. Of course, he always was kind of dramatic.

What shocked me most was his reaction, though. It's not like it's the first time I've caught him in a lie, but when I told him that I was telling the truth to the other girl, he freaked out at me. That was the hardest thing. Here was a man I thought I loved, the one I thought was my best friend, telling me that we were finished. Completely done.

It was like a punch to the solar plexus. Just like that, it was over. Of course, he is the one that said if we ever stopped talking, nothing would change, so it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise to me. But all the same, I thought he was at least my friend. I always thought it would take a little more than just calling your friend on bullshit they were doing would end a friendship.

That was the ultimate sucker punch. But that's how life is. Not all kisses are magic, and there are boys that don't live up to your expectations.

I just need to actually have some expectations.

Comments

Popular Posts